- Absentee Voting
Absentee Balloting for November 8th General Election
Absentee voting begins September 23, 2022 for the November 8th General Election. Absentee voting is open for 46 days prior to the General Election.
Residents of Stevens County may vote in-person at:
- Stevens County Courthouse, Auditor-Treasurer Office, 400 Colorado Ave, Suite 303, Morris, MN 56267. Hours are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday
Vote Absentee by Mail
Voters can apply for an absentee ballot online at MNVotes.org or contact the Auditor-Treasurer's office and an application will be mailed or faxed to you.
Ballot will be mailed with instructions on how to complete process and return to the Stevens County Auditor-Treasurer's Office.
Voters will have the option to track their ballot online at MNVotes.org
If you have any questions, please contact the Stevens County Auditor-Treasurer's Office at (320) 208-6570, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Absentee Ballot Information
Absentee ballots will be available 46 days before an election. Minnesota voters no longer need a reason to vote absentee.
Who May Apply
Each person must apply for themselves (other than military or overseas voters)
It is a felony to:
- Attempt to cast an illegal ballot, or
- Help anyone to cast an illegal ballot
- Make a false statement on an application
Two Ways to Vote Absentee
- Vote In-Person
- Vote by Mail
Vote In-Person Location
Stevens County Courthouse, Auditor-Treasurer Office, 400 Colorado Ave, Suite 303, Morris, MN 56267. Hours are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday
Vote Absentee by Mail
Online applications are unavailable for municipal and school district elections. Download and complete the 2022 Absentee Ballot Application (PDF) or Apply Online through the Secretary of State website. (Statewide and Township Elections).
- You must indicate which election(s) you are requesting an Absentee ballot for.
- Give your correct legal residence as completely as possible, this is used to verify your voting precinct.
- Provide your ID number
- Sign the application
Return the completed application as soon as possible, by mail, fax or email:
- Mail to:
Stevens County Auditor-Treasurer
400 Colorado Ave, Suite 303
Morris, MN 56267
- Fax: 320-589-2036
- Email: email@example.com
- Your Absentee Ballot Application must be signed in order to process.
- Do not submit more than one application for each election
- Your absentee ballots will be mailed or delivered to you as soon as they are available.
- Ballots received by election officials after election day will not be counted.
Absentee Ballot Status
Check the Status of your application or ballot on the Secretary of State website
Voters in the Military or voters who will be overseas on Election Day, need to complete the Military/Overseas Application.
Ongoing/Permanent Absentee Ballot Application Process
Download the Permanent Application Form (PDF) to automatically receive absentee ballot applications.
Voters who have applied for ongoing status will automatically be provided with an absentee ballot application for each ensuing election (other than an election conducted by mail) and will have the status of ongoing absentee voter indicated on the voter's registration record. Ongoing absentee voter status ends upon:
- The voter's written request
- The voter's death
- Return of an ongoing absentee ballot as undeliverable
- A change in the voter's status so that the voter is not eligible to vote