The Stevens County Organics Program is currently reaching out to large waste producers in Stevens County. If your institution is interested in joining the Organics Program contact Sydney Bauer, program coordinator.
Organics for Commercial Users
Organics for commercial users is simple and easy to set up, especially with grant funding from the MPCA.
Participants simply collect their organics in a certified compostable bag, toss bags into the 64 gal Stevens County Organics carts (delivered by Engebretson Disposal), and have their organics picked up Monday and Thursday by Engebretson Disposal.
The organics program is able to purchase new bins, containers, dollies, and bags for participants to use. If your institution is interested in participating, read on and contact Sydney!
- Interested parties meet with Sydney Bauer, Stevens County Organics Intern, and Troy Engebretson, Engebretson Disposal, to determine their personal need for organics carts, signage, and educational assistance. Email Sydney to get started!
- Sydney works with the institution to educate and implement correct sorting of waste.
- Engebretson Disposal and Stevens County deliver Organics Cart and a supply of BPI certified bags.
- Organics Recycling begins! Engebretson Disposal picks up organics on a 1x or 2x/week basis, depending on need and hauls organics to the Glacial Ridge Compost Facility.
- Institutions celebrate participating in an innovative and resourceful West Central MN Program!
Organics Welcome Packet for Businesses
Download these documents to start on the right track for Organics Recycling at your business!
- About Stevens County Waste Systems (PDF)
- About Stevens County Organics Recycling (PDF)
- How To: Organics Recycling at Businesses (PDF)
- Commercial Customers: Compostable Bags & Vendors (PDF)
- Commercial Customers: Compostable Dinnerware & Vendors (PDF)
- Next Steps (PDF)