Stevens County Organics
Documents and brochures sharing information about the Stevens County Organics program.
- Business & Institution Organics
- Household Organics
- Desechos Biodegradables del Hogar
MPCA Stevens County Organics Grant Documents
The Stevens County Organics Program is funded through the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency's Environmental Assistance Grant Program. You can find the submitted grant application, signed grant contract, and document of project tasks below.
- Stevens County Organics- Final Application, Workplan, Budget (PDF)
- Stevens County Organics - Signed Grant Agreement and Workplan (PDF)
- Stevens County Organics - Goal statement and project tasks (PDF)
- Interim & Progress Report (PDF)
Glacial Ridge Compost Facility Engineering & Design
- Article about GRCF written by Engineered Composting Solutions, a Seattle based company that engineered and designed the GRCF bio-Covered Aerated Static Pile (CASP) composting system.
County Commissioner Updates
- Nov. 2, 2021: Carts, bins, and kickoff
- Dec. 21, 2021: First pickup, participants, and school tables
Stevens County Organics Kickoff
- Nathan Reinbold of Pope Douglas Solid Waste Management gave a presentation about PDSWM organics program and the Glacial Ridge Compost Facility.
- Summary and notes from event sent out to attendees in email
Presentations that Sydney has given across the community.
- Nov. 30, 2021 - Ms. House MAHS 8th Grade Impacts on the Environment
- Jan. 11, 2022 - City Council Organics Dropsite Presentation
- Jan. 18, 2022 - First Lutheran Council Dropsite Presentation
- Jan. 18, 2022 - Stevens County DAC Organics Program & Sorting
- Mar. 10, 2022 - Stevens County Homemakers
Links to helpful presentations, documents, and files that have been highlighted throughout the Stevens County Organics Program.
MN Compost Facilities
- The MPCA hosts a site that allows you to view all permitted compost sites across the state. This map gives an idea of where organics recycling is available across MN and contact information to facilities if you have further questions.
- View the map here: https://www.pca.state.mn.us/waste/compost-facility-site-locator