Substance Abuse Services


The county determines the recipient’s need for treatment by conducting a Chemical Use Assessment and also determines whether the recipient is eligible to have their treatment paid for using public funds.

In the state of Minnesota, chemical dependency treatment is funded for state residents who don’t have insurance coverage and have significant income limitations. This fund is called the Consolidated Chemical Dependency Treatment Fund (CCDTF). Eligibility and authorization for funding of treatment is handled by Social Services, a resident’s tribal social services agency or the managed care plan.


Substance Abuse Services are provided by our agency or by other community providers. These services may include:

  •  Chemical Use Assessment (Minnesota Rule 25)
  •  Consolidated Chemical Dependency Treatment Fund for eligible persons to receive treatment
  •  General Case Management
  •  Information and Referral
  •  Referrals for Chemical Dependency Treatment
  •  Pre-petition Screening/Civil Commitment